Uilleann Pipes made for me by the late, great Dave Williams. Low Whistles by Bernard Overton. High Whistles by Chris Backhouse. Bouzoukis and Acoustics by Fylde Guitars. G7th capos. Roland keyboards. PRS Electric Guitars and Rotosound Strings. Genelec speakers.
I was born as a baby in Cumbria to my wondrous parents. I spent my childhood dreaming of being a musician and aged 16 I achieved an end of year school report which read - “Troy seems to be out at sea, and it looks like he’s never coming back”.
Since then, I have been lucky enough to prove them right and have spent all of my life and adventures immersed in writing and performing music. I also have a glorious wife Terri and glorious daughter Mia and live in a little village in North Yorkshire.
For more info go to - www.troydonockley.co.uk.
Troy does not have any personal or official social media pages!
Your favorite Nightwish song(s)
“The Greatest Show on Earth” by a mile.
Your biggest guilty pleasure
Pans and Woks. I’m not quite sure why….
Conjuring/close-up Magic, interesting T-Shirts, Baking Bread, The Study of the Origins of Christianity, looking wistfully at Skateboards, making Houmous, detesting Football, loving Freethought and science, talking to myself and being rubbish at DIY.
“Laughter is the sound of freedom”
- Tir na Nog - Alan Stivell
- Going for the one - Yes
- Words and Music - Planxty
- Wish you were Here - Pink Floyd
- Wrecking Ball - Emmylou Harris
- Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush
- Life on Mars - David Bowie
- Once in a Lifetime - Talking Heads
- Ballroom Blitz - The Sweet
- Whole of the Moon - The Waterboys
- Sons of the Desert
- Ghost and Mrs Muir
- Dead Poets Society
- Demon Haunted World - Carl Sagan
- The Sea Lady - H.G. Wells
- Complete Short Stories - Mark Twain
- End of Faith - Sam Harris
- Mary Poppins - P.L. Travers
- Cream Soda
- Old Peculiar Ale
- Spinach & Vegetable Masala
- Cornish Pasties
A personal word to the fans
Isn’t this just wonderful?
Per request of the band, profiles are only available in english